CLEAR LIQUID DIET SUGGESTIONS
Clear Liquid Definition: When you pour this liquid in a glass, you can see through it.
OK to have:
- JELL-O: any color EXCEPT RED.
- BROTH/BOUILLON: Clear only. No vegetables, noodles, creams or meat in Broth/Bouillon.
- FRUIT JUICES: All Clear juices that contain no pulp are acceptable. White Cranberry juice is acceptable as it contains no red dyes; canned orange juice is acceptable as long as it contains no pulp.
- GATORADE, KOOL-AID, AND POPSICLES
These are acceptable. Gatorade you can have any flavor AVOID anything red, pudding pops, creamsicles, and fudgesicles.
NOT OK to have:
- RED JELL-O
- No vegetables, noodles, creams or meat in Broth/Bouillon.
- NO RED, BLUE OR GREEN fruit juices.
- RED GATORADE, RED KOOL-AID, AND RED POPSICLES
WATER IS FINE: DRINK PLENTY OF IT TO AVOID DEHYDRATION IF NOT CONTRAINDICATED FOR YOUR MEDICAL CONDITIONS. IF NOT SURE, CHECK WITH YOUR PRIMARY DOCTOR.
AVOID SOLID FOOD, DAIRY PRODUCTS, JUICES WITH PULP, RED DYES, AND JELL-O WITH FRUIT.
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE OUTCOME OF THE PROCEDURE DEPENDS ON YOUR COOPERATION AND FOLLOWING THE PREPERATION INSTRUCTIONS AS DIRECTED.